How patients are protected (physically, medically)
We follow all universal safety precautions to protect our patients both physically and medically. A patient safety management committee is in place to monitor this.
All sterile zones with Highly sophisticated CSSD
We maintain the highest sterile and clean conditions in our OT’s. We have a weekly terminal disinfections programme and we have a highly sophisticated CSSD.
Apart from daily disinfections, we have a weekly terminal disinfections programme
- We have an infection control committee in the hospital.
- We do regular infection control audits and carry out surveillance across various areas in the hospital.
- We keep surveillance on water sources, finger dubs, floor areas, prevalent flora in the hospital and do air checks.
- We do regular outbreak analysis of infection based on infection control audits.
- We have an infection control nurse who is responsible for maintaining adequate hygienic conditions in the hospital.
- We are registered under the UP Pollution Control Board and follow all the necessary protocols for proper management of waste produced in the hospital.
- We have adequate provision of resources to facilitate the proper handling of waste according to given standards.
- We have an education programme for all our staff members about proper habits for waste disposal in their respective areas of work.
Secure building access
- Easy doorways
- Walk ways
- Lifts, Staircases and connectivity of all areas of the hospital
- Fire Exits
- Regular fire fighting drills are conducted
Security guards in hospital premises Security of Patient belongings
Security guards are posted at all strategic locations in the hospital to ensure safety of the hospital's property and assets, the patients and their attendants.
Policy regarding Medical record protection What measures are taken to secure their privacy and information?
- We do not disclose or share our patient's medical and other details concerning the hospital
- All records and documents related to patients can be accessed only after taking due approval from the medical superintendent, director administration and the COO of
- In case of MLC/ death records are approved from the medical superintendent, director administration, and the COO of the hospital. Also the records are
checked and verified by our consultants before being handed over.
- For records, related to psychiatry patients and high risk diseases can be accessed with due approval of the medical superintendent.
- All records requested will be furnished by the hospital authorities within 72 hours of request.
Data security & electronic data encryption
- All the electronic data and information in the hospital is highly secured and can be accessed by concerned people using a password assigned by the hospital.
- Scanning of mails and other electronic information is done regularly to safeguard transmission of data to any external source through and inbuilt fire walls.
- There is a network and domain security accessing password system for shared resources.
- We have different modules for various functions in the hospital and each module can be used at different levels by different users (at operational level, MIS level etc.)
- Every employee in the hospital is assigned personal passwords to access any electronic information like mails, reports etc.
- All the employees are given telephone dialing codes and all the calls are monitored to ensure the safety and security of internal information.
We have a medical ethics committee in the hospital which reviews the quality of patient care, medical practices being followed, patient safety, which fosters ethical medical practices in the hospital.
Code Blue Committee
We have a well defined Code Blue protocol for prompt and safe management of patients medical cardio pulmonary resuscitation.
We have the latest equipment in the hospital to ensure the highest standards of patient care and safe delivery of care to our patients. The equipment is periodically checked for its functional and electrical safety.
We have a stringent method of short listing new nurses. All nurses undergo a 2 weeks orientation programme to train them to deliver safe nursing care. The nurses are educated by the Nursing educator, clinical instructors and supervisors. Nursing protocols are well defined and regular audits are conducted on various aspects of patient safety and safe nursing care and corrective action taken.
Nursing has a well adhered reporting system to ensure continuous a quality improvement process. A well defined fall prevention policy is in place to protect patients from falls.